There are some unscrupulous people out there who will be happy to promise to work for you, then take off with your money. Unfortunately, the roofing industry is not immune to these people.
All South Roofing knows that roof repair and roof replacement require investments of your time and money, so here are some tips on finding and hiring a roofing company that will provide quality work in a timely manner with reasonable prices.
- Do your research online. Check reviews on Google, Yelp, Angie’s List and Facebook.
- Ask friends and neighbors. People you know who have had good experiences – or bad ones – will be able to give you a lot of insight into roofing companies.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau. Go to bbb.org to find the scores for any company you are considering. Steer clear of any roofing company that is not listed by the Better Business Bureau.
- Look for manufacturer designations. Contractors have to pass stringent requirements to become factory certified, and once they are, they show off these certifications like the badges of honor that they are.
- Do not be pressured. Be wary of any roofing company that pushes you to sign a contract and give them money before you feel they have done a thorough inspection and have outlined every detail to your satisfaction.
One popular scam is for “salespeople” to go door to door, claiming to represent a good company. If someone ever knocks on your door claiming to represent a certain company, call that company before you commit to anything.
The most important thing to do in finding a reputable roofing company is research. Roofing work often takes a lot of time and financial commitment, so you want to know as much as possible about the company you plan to hire.
All South Roofing is proud of our reputation in the Aiken/Augusta area. Please look up our reviews online, check with the BBB and call us with any questions. We will be happy to help.